Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Postpartum Reflection

Klaudia has just turned 4 months. This means it's been 4 months since I was last pregnant, and 4 months since Len and I became parents.

Klaudia's joining our family changed our lives completely (just like everyone was telling us). These are only a few changes that I've recently noticed:
  • First off (before I start complaining), Len and I absolutely LOVE being parents; I was scared to have kids, and now regret waiting for so long to make the decision; Klaudia is the best thing that ever happened to us
  • My mood swings are gone!!! Poor Len had to deal with my being angry in the mornings (no reason! I would wake up mad - first I thought it was a dream, but I couldn't ever remember the dream, and then it would happen way too often - I knew it had to be the hormones) and my crying at any time of the day and with no reason, too. It came with the pregnancy and is all gone now.
  • OK, what's up with those wide hips? I have to say I am lucky to have lost all my baby weight within 4 months without any effort, but nobody told me my hips wouldn't go back to normal. They are not obnoxiously wide, but wide enough that some of my favorite prepregnancy clothes don't fit any more. Well, I guess it's time to go shopping. Ann Tay.lor - here I come!
  • We're NEVER on time anywhere any more - having always been on time, this is difficult to deal with (we were 1 hr late for our friends' son's baptism last month - missed the most important part - a car accident we witnessed on the way to church was a big part of it, but still, 1 hour late!!!)
  • My 'forgetting' hormones are gone; the 'being disorganized' ones kicked in. Leaving my purse in random places was a routine during my pregnancy; it's all back to normal now (unless I'm forgetting about something). Staying or getting organized is close to impossible.
  • I actually don't mind getting up numerous times at night for nursing. That was one of the things I was afraid of before Klaudia was born since I always loved to sleep. But when K stays asleep through most of the night - I wake up and can't wait for her to get up so that I could hold and feed her.
  • Before K was born, I never thought I was able to love so much. When being a kid, I couldn't imagine loving anyone more than my parents. But then I met Len... Now, loving Klaudia is such an amazing and indescribable feeling!
  • I'm grateful for my big boobs! (I had to write this - they are a HUGE part of my postpartum period)
  • I'm stunned how much I'm able to accomplish within just 10 minutes. I may not be in places on time, but when given 10 minutes, I am able to take a shower, get dressed, put some make up on, eat, and start both a dishwasher and laundry.
Summary: I am NOT ready to go through the blessed period of pregnancy, but I cannot wait to have more kidS (yes, plural!).

No comments: