Monday, May 12, 2008

First Mother's Day


Happy 1st Mother's Day!
It's really exciting and encouraging to watch you and Klaudia together. I love how you love our daughter. She's soooo happy and I know that you're a big part of that!!!
Happy Mama's Day!
WE LOVE YOU,
L & K

...said the card.

The day before Mother's Day, Klaudia and I went to the store to satisfy mom's craving for a bubble tea. When entering the store, I noticed 2 teenage boys walking behind us. Since I was only picking up the tea, I left the stroller in the car and had K only in her car seat. To order the tea, I placed K on the ground facing me and other people behind me. At one point I noticed that K was having time of her life laughing hysterically. To my surprise, she was not looking at me but someone behind me. I turned around and saw them... teenage boys returning their smiles to my baby girl. Before I had a chance to say anything, one of the boys said to me: "Happy Mother's Day!"

Two things that crossed my mind then:
  1. There ARE nice and thoughtful teenage kids in this world.
  2. Wow! I AM a MOM!

No comments: