Sunday, May 25, 2008

Language Development

Len and I want Klaudia to be bilingual. Living in the US will help her with acquiring English, but we'd like her to also be able to communicate with those family members who only speak Polish.

Len has been speaking to her in English, and I (whenever Len is not around) speak Polish only. We also thought about the books we're going to start reading to her soon. I'll be only covering Polish ones and Len will go with English. As a language teacher, I am very anxious to see how her language progress will go. I will definitely try to record it.

So far, Klaudia has mastered all the vowel sounds. The first consonant she articulated was an /m/. For the last two weeks she's been making the /b/ sound - soooooo cute - she gets very excited when saying it - drools and spits all over the place; it must feel good on her lips and tongue.

No comments: