Sunday, May 4, 2008

Night Shift

Klaudia's night schedule usually goes like this: first, we go through the witching hours, then once she is asleep, she doesn't wake up until 3am (or 4 or even 5am sometimes). She gets fed, she falls back asleep and is up for breakfast #1 at around 7am. Then (even though she is all smiles trying to say: I'm ready to live my life) I quietly put her back to her crib and pray that she falls back asleep. Most of the time she does, and we both rest until 10am!

However, last night our little angel wasn't as angelic as she could have been. She was up every hour starting at midnight. When she wakes up at night, I always turn the night light on in the living room, go back to the bedroom, pick her up and go back to the living room for the feeding. Last night, I was so out of it at 1am that I totally forgot to turn the light on in the living room. I picked her up from her crib and stood there with her in my arms not knowing what to do. I went to the living room (still on autopilot) but couldn't see anything. Finally I woke up seconds later, found the light switch, found the couch, did the nursing and went back to sleep to wake up and do the same a few minutes later. This time I knew what to do, but man! it totally made me feel like I was pregnant again! Pregnant and coockoo!

No comments: