Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Story of the Other Klaudia

Once in a while after coming back from the evening walk with K, my mom would talk about the other Klaudia at the playground. Supposedly, there was this other blond baby girl with big blue eyes coming to the playground with her mom or dad. And, according to my parents she looked just like Klaudia - again blond, blue eyes and chubby.

One evening when I joined my parents and K for the night out at the playground, my mom introduced me to Amber, the other Klaudia's mom. Sure enough K and her little friend Shiloh were the only blond kids there and surprisingly looked alike. Amber told me that random people come up to her and her daughter and say: "Hi Klaudia."

By the way, the reason why everyone knows K so well is because my dad told everyone her name. This is how he'd do it (I witnessed it myself - pretty cute!)
Whenever someone looked at my dad holding K, my dad would say:
Dad: Klaudia.
Stranger: Oh, her name is Klaudia. Hi Klaudia. So, (looking at my dad), where are you from?
Dad: (showing 6 fingers)
Stranger: Oh, she is 6 months old?
Dad: No speak English. Poland.
Stranger: You're from Poland. Welcome.

My dad would say his spiel to everyone (and I mean everyone) who simply glimpsed at K. That's how EVERYONE knows K's name, and how old she is, and where my parents are from.

Anyway, while talking to Amber, I found out that Shiloh, the girl who was many times mistakenly called Klaudia, was born on the exact same day as K was! Amazing because what are the odds?!

I'm so glad my parents helped me meet them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE the story about your dad 'introducing' Klaudia to everyone!! It sounds like he was very proud of her.