Saturday, September 13, 2008

And the Friendship Continues...

Before my parents left, they had introduced me to their park/playground friends. I got to meet the Asian lady, her son and his baby, the Indian lady with the broken stroller, the Polish neighbor and her son, the Indian guy with the dog who used to work in Austria, and the other Klaudia and her parents. I am still on a look out for another Polish lady who according to my parents also lives in the neighborhood but somehow our paths haven't crossed yet.

The day of my parents' departure, I took K to the playground the way my parents had done for the past 2.5 months. I was greeted by the Asian guy and his son (I apologize for the ethnic labeling but that's all my parents could do with knowing no English and the inability to ask for a name - I"ll be doing that part soon), the Indian guy from Austria, and the other Klaudia and her dad. I was so amazed to find everyone knowing Klaudia's name and knowing that my parents had departed that day. My mom had even gotten a "good bye" gift from the Indian lady right before they left. Plus, my dad had taken her address so that he and my mom could send her a card from Poland. I really hope to continue the friendships my parents had started.

No comments: