Wednesday, May 5, 2010

2 Weeks to Go

With only two weeks away from the due date, we have finally started getting ready for the baby. I finished teaching last week, so last weekend we started setting up the baby's room. All baby clothes have been washed, and although there are tons of things to be done before the big arrival (like getting the hospital bag packed, putting the car seat in, all the nesting, etc), I feel partially ready.

And, my body is getting ready, too. The Braxton-Hick contractions are getting much stronger and more frequent. The belly is getting to a size where I'm uncomfortable laying, sitting, and sometimes walking. The one thing that keeps improving is my appetite. Last weekend we went to SF for a couple of days, and everything that we ate tasted exceptionally good. Len kept laughing at me because anything that I put in my mouth was very very delicious (the best pancakes in the world; the best Starbucks coffee in the world, etc). The tastes and smells got so intense to the point that the cigarette smoke at one point smelled like something I was willing to try, too.

And, with all that happening, I'm getting quite emotional, too. Not long ago, I started realizing that these are the last few days/weeks for Len and me with Klaudia only. Once the baby comes, our lives will be changed forever. I'm actually planning on writing a letter to K telling her how much fun we've had with her and how much joy she brought to our lives before her sister's arrival.

Less than two weeks to go...

No comments: