Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Living In Our New Home

It's been 3 weeks since we moved into our new house, but to me it feels like we've been here forever.  And although we miss our friends and would love to live a bit closer to them, we definitely enjoy the space and low mortgage payments that we wouldn't get if we stayed where we used to live.  I still can't believe that our previous apartment was the size of our current living room - how did we survive there?

Moving to a place located an hour and 30 minutes away from our work encouraged us to make some changes to our work schedule.  With the beginning of the new year, Len started working only 3 days a week.  He works a bit longer hours but is able to be home with us 4 days a week!  I'm starting teaching in just a few weeks and will be working 2 days a week teaching 8 hours a day.  It seems like a lot of hours, but I keep telling myself that it's only twice a week.  With our new schedule, we don't have to put Klaudia in a day care, and we get to enjoy raising her and spending time with her every single day.  It couldn't work out any better.  

I haven't been posting any pictures since we (OK, I) misplaced our camera when packing and moving.  But as soon as WE find it, I'll take and post some pics of our new place, our 33-pound toddler, and my 5-month old belly.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate! It's Nina (from Mission). Congratulations on your new house and new baby along the way.