Wednesday, September 2, 2009

She is Back!

When my parents were still here, Klaudia had a no-eating period. She was fine with just a teaspoon of food for the entire day. Our pediatrician wasn't concerned explaining that toddlers may do such things for up to a week. K did this for 5 weeks straight. She never lost weight but didn't gain any either. She drank a lot though: water, juice, and milk (that was before she quit drinking milk). And from time to time she ate some fruit, but that was it.

I am happy to announce that she is back! Although she still doesn't like her milk, she is a much better eater. And as weird as it sounds, she loves jarred baby food. She is very picky about what's on her plate but at least she eats something.

K's favorite foods nowadays:
  • yogurt
  • mac and cheese
  • spaghetti with tomato sauce
  • baby food
  • any fruit
  • snacks: jello, cheez-its, cheerios, apple sauce
Fellow mamas, I'm open to any new ideas. I'm willing to try anything to add some more favorites to the list. What is it that your angels like to eat?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

E loves string cheese, and it's easily portable, which is nice. She also likes chickpeas/garbanzo beans.

Jennifer said...

Camille changes weekly...but so far the winners are: butter, butter, fruit in chunks or shapes (I bought small cookie cutters), stewed meat, steamed broccoli w/ butter with stems so she can hold an carry around the house...and more butter. She usually likes over-easy eggs or oatmeal soaked overnight. But all this and I only get her to take a few bites. She eats the best at a friends house...food is always better somewhere else.
And more butter....

Chigusa Katoku said...

Shana loves diced cheese and bread. She tried fresh mozzarella today and loved it. She also likes dried seaweed (nori), which I used to snack on when I was a child myself. Baby miso soup (half miso soup and half water) with soft veggies and tofu is also something Shana loves eating. Cooked frozen greenpeas and sweet potatoes are also her favorites as long as I don't serve them everyday.

GabiSamMaxHoney said...

tortelini serowe badz z kurczakiem, hot dogs ale te koszerne bez fosforanow, nie dawaj miso soup ma duzo MSG

GabiSamMaxHoney said...

tofu jest dobre za to

Our Bug's Life said...

Thank you all for great suggestions! I noticed that when distracted K will eat almost anything. I hate to do it though since I read it may lead to some eating disorders later in life. Anyway, I'm thinking about posting a list of her favorite foods as a reference for myself and anybody else who needs suggestions. It's so easy for me to keep giving her the same food over and over again (once I find out she loves it), but I don't want her to get sick of it.
Thanks again for all your help ladies!