Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pneumonia Update

It's gone. It came suddenly at the end of June; I was down and off from work for two weeks - the longest time off I'd ever taken, but I had never been that sick before. After returning to work, it took weeks to get my energy back, and this week is the first week since my illness that I'm not coughing (more than two months after the actual disease!).

Pneumonia is a lung disease, but it effects the whole body. Sometimes it may take up to a year to get the strength back. I was very lucky to have my parents here and was able to stay in bed during the hardest time and then take naps every day for weeks after I returned to work.

And speaking of feeling better, maybe it's because of those naps I was able to take, and the fact that K sleeps through the night and for 12-14 hours straight, I have to say that I'm feeling awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO glad you're feeling better!!!!!