Friday, May 8, 2009

Who's In Charge?

When I was at a Puppy School once, the instructor told us that dogs think they own the house and that we, the owners, just happen to live with them. He said that we need to change their way of thinking quickly, or they'll always think they are in charge.

I believe K has the mentality of a little dog. Recently she's started acting 'strange' when not given what she wants. She gets very upset when we don't let her use our cell phones and especially computers. She cries, screams and kicks which is so new and surprising that it's hard to do anything else but laugh. We, however, know better.

Len and I had a little talk about that the other day because we both don't want this to get out of control. We decided that we can't give in. We need to be consistent and No Playing On The Computer means No Playing On The Computer. Without thinking much I ended the conversation by saying "We'll just have to get Klaudia her own little computer."

So much for not giving in...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! But getting them their own computer, cell phone, etc. doesn't work -- they're too smart for that! My mom bought E a little play cell phone, but she still wants to play with mine. And although there are certain things that we are very strict about not letting her touch, like our laptops and the remote, I did let her play with my phone and just tonight I came into the living room to see it lying in two pieces... (obviously more my fault than Emma's, and phones will now be on the strictly off limits list!)