Friday, April 10, 2009

Sleeping Business

Right after K broke her nose, we had a couple of rough nights where she'd wake up every hour. This left me sick (I caught a bad cold that was later passed on to Len) and exhausted.

Since then, however, she's been 'almost' sleeping through the night. In 12 hours of her sleep, she still wakes up once every night, but yesterday, for example, she woke up at 10.30 pm, was fed, went back to sleep and didn't wake up until 8am. That means that I slept through the night - the first time within the last ...18 months (the last few months of the pregnancy consisted of sleepless nights because of the constant bathroom visits).

I'm not sure if her not getting up at night has anything to do with this, but K hasn't taken her afternoon nap within the last 2 days. Would this be the end of her 2nd nap? ... because I'm not ready for it. I have her nap times planned out for the rest of the year!

PS. We were so lucky to have K sleep from 7.30pm to 9am every night for months. Now she gets up at 7.30am which comparing to 9am feels like the middle of the night!

No comments: