Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Getting "cleaned"

One morning, about 3 weeks ago, right before breakfast I decided to give Klaudia a bath. I like to do it in the mornings since we seem to experience the "witching hours" in the evenings and giving her a bath then would be like adding gasoline to the fire. On the weekends, I usually have Len get in the bathtub first and hold Klaudia for me, so that I can focus more on cleaning her rather than constantly keeping her away from drowning herself.

During the week though, the possibility of having Len help me is gone. But what mother would I be if I couldn't give my child a bath on my own? So with just enough water in the bathtub to get her wet, I got used to giving K 5 minute baths - no problem.

That one morning though, I felt bad for rushing through her bath, especially knowing how much she has been enjoying the water recently. After cleaning her, I decided to give her time of her life and let her play a bit. 10 seconds into her playtime, I noticed some bubbles coming out of the water. Realizing that these were her first little farts in the water, I started laughing which encouraged K to laugh with me. Our fun was over in a second when I remembered that Klaudia's farts precede usually a massive bowel movement. I turned around to grab a towel, but when I turned back towards her, my worst fears came alive. Even though there wasn't much water in her tub, Klaudia's whole body was already covered with poop.

I've been trying to erase the rest of the story from my memory. This was the messiest job I've ever done. From that time on, I get a bit anxious each time I give Klaudia a bath, and she hasn't been given a playtime yet. Maybe she'll get one next time she takes a bath with daddy...

PS. There are no pictures from this event.

No comments: