Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Potty Training

We bought two little potties for Klaudia a few months ago but never showed her how to use them. There was either no time, no interest from K or no motivation on our part. But we've been thinking about potty training for weeks now, and we've decided to do it after coming back from Michigan.

So, for the first time today, I stripped K down right after her nap, sat her on the potty and turned on the TV. She was glued to the cartoons instantly. After a minute or so, she wanted to get up, so I helped her, and she started peeing on a carpet. I quickly put her on her potty hoping she would finish there, but it must have scared her because nothing was coming out. After a couple of minutes, I heard some action though, and... there was a poop in her potty! A minute later, K covered it with pee. I know it's gross, but Len and I are so proud!

The funniest thing was when K got up and noticed what she produced. I tried to be as excited as I could, but she didn't like what she saw. She looked scared and wanted to be held by daddy while watching me clean the potty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart, I guess that would be a scary thing to be confronted with unexpectedly! I'm sure she'll figure out soon to be proud of her self for using the potty!! :) We got a potty for E, not that we wanted to get her started on training, but we thought it might be good to have it around so she becomes curious about it. But.... she wanted to carry it all over the house, so we decided to put it away for a couple more months... Keep us posted on how training goes; I'd like tips!