Monday, December 22, 2008

The Crawling Boot Camp

...written a couple of weeks ago...

Klaudia is 10.5 months old and she is NOT crawling or walking. It seems like every other child her age and younger is, but Klaudia is not. We laugh with Len and say that she is working on her looks first.

Since day 1, K has hated to be put on her stomach, so to save her from tears, we haven't done it much. This I believe is one of the reasons why she's not crawling yet (I know, I know every kid has her own timing). From time to time though we do put her on her stomach, to which she reacts with screams and cries (that are sooooo heart breaking that's why it's daddy who does it). She screams and cries until we give up and put end to it. And because she is never on her stomach long enough, she doesn't know how to get on her fours; she just lays there like a bag of potatoes.

A few weeks ago, I took over a couple of classes and am subbing for another teacher 2 extra nights a week (now I'm gone 4 nights a week). All my classes (5 as of now) are going great, but I have to admit, I am ready for a break.

Len has been forced to stay with Klaudia during the most difficult time of the day - evenings. I have to say - he mastered it. Even when I'm home, Klaudia loves when her daddy puts her to bed. She doesn't mind that it's the bottle she's drinking her milk from, as long as daddy gives it to her.

K and L have their own routines now, too. They usually go for walks (to the mall if the weather is not too good), dance and...

The other night, I called Len between my classes to see how they were doing. I could hear K screaming in the background. When I asked what was going on, Len said he had her do the crawling boot camp.

And, when asked what their evening routine looks like when I'm at school, daddy replies: we walk, dance, sit on a couch, drink beer and fart.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It isn't much fun to stare at the floor. Camille was hard to convince, we had to do a lot of entertaining, or should I say Soleil, the dog, did most of the entertaining! And I took a "Baby Yoga" class with Camille, that made it really fun and I learned some interesting things too.

Anonymous said...

HAHA! That is too funny; I think that's very similar to Mike and Emma's routine when it's Daddy's nights...

THANK YOU AGAIN for helping us on Saturday. It was amazing how much I could get done when I wasn't worried about watching Emma. Also, it was just emotionally encouraging to have friends help out! The only downside was that I wish we could have chatted longer! Oh well, you'll have to come visit us in SD!