Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our Big Girl

I'll be starting a new semester in less than two weeks; my parents will stay with K then. I'll be teaching 5 days a week leaving each day early in the morning and won't be back until almost 2pm. I'm trying to prepare my parents for their new assignment by explaining and showing everything they'll need. One of the things I felt like they needed to know was... K's poop explosions. I won't get into details; the name explains everything.

Yesterday I decided to go grocery shopping by myself leaving my parents with K at home. I left a bottle with them and my cell phone... just in case. Using the cell phone is not as easy as it sounds. With no English, there is not much my parents can do. So, Len and I came up with a plan. My parents know that in case of emergency (life/death situation), they'll call Len. He, knowing that it's them, will call 911 and head home right away. We pray that this will NEVER happen, but this is our plan... just in case.

Yesterday after having entered our apartment, first thing I saw was K sleeping peacefully on the floor blanket. My mom however seemed very shaken and took me to another room right away trying to tell me something. She started with saying: You won't believe what happened.

One thing crossed my mind: they called Len by mistake activating the whole emergency plan!

My mom went on explaining... Klaudia got tired of hearing all the poop explosion stories and decided to show what we meant. My parents couldn't believe that such a little body can produce so much stuff. After explaining how they used up all the wipes having to clean her neck and underarms, I could not stop laughing. I wanted to say: I told you. But I kept smiling thinking: That's my girl.

No comments: